Test-Taking Strategy for Multiple-Choice Sections
Sections 1 and 2 of HPAT-Ulster are in multiple-choice format. You will mark your answers by filling in ovals on a machine-readable answer sheet (OMR). It is very important that you record your answers carefully, by completely filling in the oval in pencil. If you decide to change an answer, erase it completely and mark the oval corresponding to your new choice.
You are advised to work steadily through each of the multiple-choice sections without spending too much time on any one question. Read all the alternative answers to a question, even if you think you have identified the correct one, before marking your choice on the answer sheet. If you think you know the answer to a question, mark it, even if you are not certain. Go on to the next question and come back later if you have time.
• All questions have the same value, therefore by attempting as many questions as possible you have the best chance of maximising your score.
• Marks will not be deducted for incorrect answers.
• All questions are of equal value, but may vary in difficulty.
• If you mark more than one answer to a question it will be considered wrong.
• Answers should be marked directly onto the answer sheet, not in the test book.
• You may do rough work in the margins of your test book. Scrap paper is not allowed.